Monday, August 13, 2007

Northern Wilds

So I'm up here enjoying a week of family vacation in the wilds of Northern Wisconsin before starting a new semester. Right now we're up visiting my father's ancestral home of Athens, Wisconsin, which is several hours of endless pine forests north of Madison. It's neat to see where the family came from and all, but I will be happy to get down to the Dells, where we're spending a few days relaxing, playing various board games, and perhaps visiting a few dozen water and adventure golf parks. Anyone who has been to the Dells knows exactly what I'm talking about. Also, for those of you who have never been north of the Mason-Dixon line, it does get hot up here, as I've attested, but it's only about 78, so I'm very happy to get a break from the oven that is South Carolina right now.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. This trip may also give me an excuse to learn the, no doubt insanely easy, task of posting pictures onto this site. Until later, goodnight and good luck.



P.S. I was extra bored, so I decided to make a map showing our location in Wisconsin (red dot). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a good time :) We'll have to get some people together when you get back so we can all hang out!