Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dawn Breaks

After months and months of having created a site and never written anything there, I decided it was time to have a founding post. Of course, as is usually the case, I had some grand plan in mind when I created this site, on a whim, at 2 a.m. And, of course, that plan immediately went out the window...hence the several month gap between then and now. So, in the interests of at least getting some use out of what I created, I've decided this site will be about whatever the hell I want.

Anyone who knows a bit of German might think that my original idea was to make this some kind of site about photography or some such related topic. It wasn't. I called this site die Dunkelkammer ("The Darkroom" according to BableFish) because it is a cool-sounding German word that happens to have my name in it. Outside of that, there wasn't much thought put into it. When I had the idea to make a site - at 2 a.m. mind you - I believed that somehow having my own space on the Internet would give me this vast audience to which I could rant about various political and social injustices and create righteous indignation amongst my readers. Two things I realized upon waking up the next day: 1. There are enough Blogs on the internet that you could read them from now until the end of time, and 2. I don't have any readers.

Well, the first one I can't do a damn thing about, but the second one I hope to change, at least a little bit. So, to whomever may be reading this, you've taken the first step on what will probably be a not-very-exciting journey into whatever random nonsense I put up here, which, if you know me personally, you're probably sick of anyway. All I can say is enjoy, and for God's sake, whatever you do, don't, under any circumstances...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great start, Dunkel :) I like it!